[Multiplayer ARPG] Scripting Performance

May 12, 2017

I’m uptight when it comes to performance. This week I spent some time profiling both NLua and MoonSharp to determine which would be best for Project Peril. NLua is what I initially had implemented, but it turns out MoonSharp is slightly faster for my case. MoonSharp also offers cool features for sandboxing scripts so modders […]

read more →

Tags

Monster AI

[Multiplayer ARPG] Changing zones and monsters and artificial intelligence

April 27, 2017

I was finally able to get back to work on Project Peril.  I started working on loading & unloading of zones so players can transition between areas quickly (by waypoints perhaps), and I implemented the Poisson Disc algorithm into the navigation system to generate spawn points for monsters. I then created monsters and their artificial […]

read more →

Tags